In the frame of the “Partnership Against Corruption Together”–PACTproject, funded by the European Delegation in Albania and implemented by the Albanian National Training and Technical Assistance Resource Center (ANTTARC), ANTTARC launches the Second Call for Proposals. It seeks to support civil society organizations that are situated and active in the regions of Diber, Kukes, Lezha, and Shkoder in the areas of good governance and anti-corruption.
Project proposals should be submitted by 17.00 on 05 June 2017 via hand delivery or mail at:
Qendra Kombetare Burimore e Trajnimit dhe Asistences Teknike, Rr. Reshit Collaku, Pallati Bores Sh.1, Apt. 16, Tirana, Albania
The “Partnership Against Corruption Together”–PACT project is funded by the European Delegation in Albania (Civil Society Facility–Civic Initiative and Capacity Building Component), and implemented by the Albanian National Training and Technical Assistance Resource Center (ANTTARC) in partnership with the Albanian Local Capacity Development Foundation (ALCDF) and Act for Society Center (AfS).
Objective of PACT Fund: The specific objective of PACT is “to increase the engagement of CSOs in 15 municipalities of Northern Albania in good governance issues and fight against corruption by strengthening their capacity and funding their initiatives”.
Participants in PACT Fund sub-granting: The PACT project targets the civil society actors from the four regions of Northern Albania—Diber, Kukes, Lezhe, and Shkoder. The current Call for Proposals seeks to support centers and associations that are registered and active in the targeted regions working in the following thematic areas:
Watch dog activities, monitoring of the performance of municipalities, municipal councils, administrative units, and/or de-concentrated institutions; Monitoring of services provided by the municipalities and other locally-based institutions; Monitoring of implementation of current legislation;
- Participation of civil society/citizens in local decision-making, priority setting, budget development and implementation, public investments, and service delivery;
- Citizens’ monitoring and vigilance to demand accountability and corruption free services;
- Community mobilization for constructive engagement with public institutions to improve responsiveness; Public hearings; Citizen report cards;
- Information and awareness campaigns focusing on citizen entitlement and rights including use of the right to information to help them obtain better services;
- Media strengthening and campaigns;
- Policy and assessment studies/research; etc.
Potential applicants may be the formalized/registered organizations that are:
- Registered at the Court;
- Registered at the regional tax office and have the NIPT.
The initiatives of the unregistered civil society actors such as grassroots, youth and citizen groups, local journalists, civil society activities will be supported through formalized civil society organizations. These actors are encouraged to develop their initiatives in the framework of the formalized organizations. This way, they will also demonstrate their capacity for cooperation and networking in order to achieve their objectives.
Co-financing:The project proposals that will receive financial support from the PACT Fund should provide the co-financing budget from the applicant for not less than 5% of the total project budget.
Number, size, and timelines of sub-grants: 7 grants of € 10,000 – 20,000 to be implemented within a 6-12 month period.
Applicants should submit in English:
- Project Proposal (download Annex A_Application Form)
- Budget of the project proposal (download Annex B_Budget Form)
- Logical Framework (download Annex C_Logframe Form)
- CV of the foreseen project staff;
- LEF (download Annex D_Legal Identity Form), signed and stamped from the applicant (download LEF)
- FIF (download Annex E_Financial Identification Form), signed and stamped from the applicant and the bank where the financial transactions are made (download FIF)
- Declaration by the applicant and partners (download Annex F_Declaration by Applicant_Partner)
as well as the following documentation:
- Last court decision and statute of the organization (copy);
- Registration certificate at the Tax Office – NIPT (copy);
- Other supporting documents.
For more information, see/download the Guidelines for Applicants. Guidelines for Applicants. Questions can be sent until 21 May 2017 at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com. Answers will be posted by 24 May 2017 on ANTTARC web page: http://anttarc.albania-discover.com.
Information and support
Regional information sessions regarding the CFP will be organized in:
- Peshkopi—08 May 2017; 11.00-13.00;
- Kukes—09 May 2017; 11.00-13.00;
- Lezhe—12 May 2017; 10.00-12.00;
- Shkoder–12 May 2017; 14.00-16.00.
The place of meetings will be announced by May 03 2017.
A Training Workshop on Project Development and Management will be organized on 16-17 May 2016 for a group of 24 people from civil society organizations from Northern Albania who are engaged in project development. Interested participants should apply by 05 May 2017 at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com. People who will be selected will be informed by 12 May 2017.