ANTTARC is partner of the Albanian Local Capacity Development Foundation (ALCDF) for the implementation of the EU-funded project “Leveraging the capacities of CSOs in the North of Albania for the betterment of biodiversity and environment protection.” ANTTARC is responsible for the capacity development of CSOs from Northern Albania focusing on protection of environment and biodiversity.
The “Leveraging the capacities of CSOs in the North of Albania for the betterment of biodiversity and environment protection” project aims at strengthening the technical, administrative and financial capacity of CSOs in northern Albania (Kukes, Diber, Shkoder and Lezhe) with a goal of positively impacting Albania’s SAA obligations. Specific objectives include:
(1) Creating capacity building facilities as a platform for knowledge, mentoring, and networking for Environmental CSOs in North of Albania; and
(2) Financing small projects addressing conservation and enhancement of biodiversity, sustainable management of natural resources and the fight against climate change, through a “Local Initiative Fund” in the targeted area.
CSOs from local areas of Northern Albania includingenvironmental CSOs, other CSOs such as professional bodies, women and youth groups or associations working on biodiversity, community based organizations, especially locally based organizations, are the target of this project.
Expected results include:
(1) CSOs in the North of Albania have raised their administrative, financial and technical capacities (based on reports by stakeholders and organizational assessments), through mentoring, training, coaching, and knowledge sharing.
(2) CSOs in the North of Albania have increased involvement in advisory, decision making, networking, advocacy and lobbying activities for biodiversity issues at the local, regional and national levels.
(3) The “Local Initiative Fund” is established, promoted, and managed in a transparent and accountable manner and at least 70% of the EU funding goes directly to CSOs implementing environmental and biodiversity projects.
(4) CSOs in the North of Albania implement responsive and accountable projects that have an impact on environmental issues as prioritized and mandated by the program with funding from the “Local Initiative Fund” established by the action.
(5) Knowledge and experience are capitalized/ institutionalized and shared via publications, webpage and conferences at the regional and national levels.
ANTTARC will provide training and technical assistance to project participants in the areas of project development and management, organizational development, and advocacy and lobying for environmental and biodiversity protection. ANTTARC has already completed the training needs assesment of the CSOs from Northern Albania focusing on protection of environment and biodiversity and is in the process of designing the training and technical assistance program. The first training workshop will be conducted during June 2015.