ANTTARC is partner of the Albanian Local Capacity
Development Foundation (ALCDF) for the implementation of the EU-funded project “Leveraging the
capacities of CSOs in the North of Albania for the betterment of biodiversity and environment
protection.” ANTTARC is responsible for the capacity development of CSOs from Northern Albania
focusing on protection of environment and biodiversity.
The “Leveraging the capacities of CSOs in the North of Albania for the betterment of biodiversity and
environment protection” project aims at strengthening the technical, administrative and financial
capacity of CSOs in northern Albania (Kukes, Diber, Shkoder and Lezhe) with a goal of positively
impacting Albania’s SAA obligations. Specific objectives include:
(1) Creating capacity building facilities as a platform for knowledge, mentoring, and networking for
Environmental CSOs in North of Albania; and
(2) Financing small projects addressing conservation and enhancement of biodiversity, sustainable
management of natural resources and the fight against climate change, through a “Local Initiative Fund”
in the targeted area.
CSOs from local areas of Northern Albania includingenvironmental CSOs, other CSOs such as
professional bodies, women and youth groups or associations working on biodiversity, community based
organizations, especially locally based organizations, are the target of this project.
Expected results include:
(1) CSOs in the North of Albania have raised their administrative, financial and technical capacities
(based on reports by stakeholders and organizational assessments), through mentoring, training,
coaching, and knowledge sharing.
(2) CSOs in the North of Albania have increased involvement in advisory, decision making, networking,
advocacy and lobbying activities for biodiversity issues at the local, regional and national levels.
(3) The “Local Initiative Fund” is established, promoted, and managed in a transparent and accountable
manner and at least 70% of the EU funding goes directly to CSOs implementing environmental and
(4) CSOs in the North of Albania implement responsive and accountable projects that have an impact on
environmental issues as prioritized and mandated by the program with funding from the “Local Initiative
Fund” established by the action.
(5) Knowledge and experience are capitalized/ institutionalized and shared via publications, webpage
and conferences at the regional and national levels.
ANTTARC will provide training and technical assistance to project participants in the areas of project
development and management, organizational development, and advocacy and lobbying for
environmental and biodiversity protection. ANTTARC has already completed the training needs
assesment of the CSOs from Northern Albania focusing on protection of environment and biodiversity
and is in the process of designing the training and technical assistance program. The first training
workshop will be conducted during June 2015.