ECSORI contributed “to the proper implementation of human rights and fundamental freedoms of Roma and Egyptian communities through advocating for good governance and accountability by the responsible public institutions”. Its specific objective was “To support Roma and Egyptian CSOs’ capacities to advocate for good governance and accountability on the rights of Roma and Egyptians”.
1. Roma and Egyptian CSOs have increased the capacities on community participation, community mediation, and provision of legal services for Roma community to meaningfully contribute for the integration of Roma and Egyptians.
2. Roma and Egyptian CSOs have increased their capacities to network and advocate and monitor the implementation of policies and action plan for integration of Roma and Egyptians.
3. Roma and Egyptian CSOs have the possibilities and the capacities to develop and implement initiatives for integration of Roma and Egyptians through small grants.
Beneficiaries of ECSORI project included:
- 30 Roma and Egyptian CSOs
- Roma-serving CSOs.
- Roma and Egyptian community leaders.
- Representatives of local government and other local institutions.
- Roma and Egyptian community members
With funding from the European Union, the Albanian National Training and Technical Assistance Resource (ANTTARC) implemented, in partnership with AMARO-DROM and the Albanian Foundation for Conflict Resolution and Reconciliation of Disputes, the “Empowering CSOs for Roma Integration” project. The project was implemented in the framework of the “Civil Society Facility/ Civic Initiative and Capacity Building”.